Denver Air Connection accepts non-motorized bicycles with single or double seats (including tandem) or up to two non-motorized bicycles packed in one case as checked baggage. First, second, and excess checked bag fees apply in addition to the sporting equipment fee. If the bicycle(s) are packed in a container that is over 50 pounds (23 kg) and/or 62 (158 cm) total linear inches (L + W + H), the item(s) will be subject to standard oversize and overweight service charges. If the bicycle(s) are packed in a container that is less than 50 pounds (23 kg) and 62 (158 cm) total linear inches (L + W + H), normal checked bag fees apply.
The following are bicycle restrictions:
- Bicycles will be carried on space available basis. When space is not available bicycles will be transported on the next space available flight.
- Handlebars must be fixed sideways and pedals removed,
- All loose items must be enclosed in plastic foam or similar protective material,
- Bicycle should be transported in a sealed box, preferably a hard sided case.
- If your itinerary includes flights on other carriers, please contact the other carrier(s), for information regarding bicycle transport policies.
Denver Air Connection is not liable for damage to bicycles that do not have the handlebars fixed sideways and pedals removed, handlebars and pedals encased in plastic foam or similar material, or bicycles not contained in a cardboard containers or hard-sided cases.